Monday, May 6, 2013

To Tattoo Or Not Tattoo That Is The Question


Oh well too late I already have one, but now I am thinking about getting another. Because, once again I was standing in front of my full length mirror after taking a shower, and thought to myself (I don’t know why we always say “and thought to myself” who else are we going to think to), anyway, I have a tattoo on my right arm, and I thought to anybody who wanted to listen, that I looked lopsided, so why not get another for the left arm. I could get one on my back or chest or leg or any other part of my body, but this won’t cure my perceived lopsidedness from which I am suffering from. I know a fellow from many years ago who had a tattoo of a fly done on his best friend, if you know what I mean, but when it was flaccid it looked like a little beauty spot, he told me that he had to get himself erect so the tattooist could do his job. I don’t know about anyone else but I am pretty sure that I wouldn’t be able to keep an erection while a needle was piercing my skin 10,000 times a second or whatever the speed is.


To continue, not being able to think of any reason not to get another, I said to myself (because there was nobody else to say it to) yes go get another tattoo. Now what design will i choose, the one i have is a very nicely done heart with my wife’s name across it. I got this one done by a young lady in Darwin, just across the street from the Love Shop. I remember the love shop but not the name of the tattoo parlor, isn’t that strange.


I could have a fierce looking one, a dragon, a snake, or some such animal, but that wouldn’t be conducive to the one that i already have. So artistically i would still be lopsided. I could get one of her pictures copied onto my skin, but i have seen this done many times and have never seen one that actually looked like the person it was supposed to be. I could imagine getting that done and going home to show my wife my new tattoo, and her saying who is that it’s not me, do you have a girlfriend, etc, etc, just give me a sharp knife and let me do the job myself, because if i came home with a tattoo of someone else, or so she thinks, i might as well commit suicide.


The dilemma, how can I keep both of us happy, the answer was brilliant in its simplicity. We have a small business and the logo we have on our business cards is that of an eagle in flight, eureka, I will get the same logo tattooed on my left arm.


To sum up, if you are going to get a tattoo, whether it be you first or the last in a line of many, remember you are stuck with it. Yes you can have it removed but why get it removed, if you have thought long and hard about the design. The only people who have tattoos removed are the ones who put very little thought into its positioning and design. I subscribe to the theory that tattooing is an art form.




Author: Rick Dupont

No comments:

Post a Comment